THIS CALL FOR APPLICATIONS IS CLOSED UNTIL SPRING 2023.
Maintenance of What? by Sara Cattin and Hacia con el brazo (MURO) by Mònica Planes are the two projects selected by the jury of the 2022 Bulegoa z/b residency program. The jury was composed by Isabel de Naverán (researcher, curator, editor and writer) and Jorge Satorre (artist) and the three members of Bulegoa z/b. The jury highlighted the quality of the 188 proposals received.
The objective of this call is to facilitate the production of art and knowledge at different stages and levels at Bulegoa z/b. The residency, which is open to artists and researchers, will last for a month and include space and discursive and financial resources.
Our office space can be described as an 85 square metre space, with four large windows which open up a dialogue with the space outside. The space is located in a pedestrian area of Solokoetxe, and has been used for concerts, talks, ephemeral exhibitions, and site-specific actions.
Bulegoa z/b is not only a physical space; it is also a context, or a place to set up encounters between different areas of thought and creation.
With this 2022 open call for residency, we invite artists or researchers from any discipline who wish to use the physical space of the office or the resources we can make available for their work or research.
The residency includes two public activities proposed by the resident, to be included in the Bulegoa z/b programme for 2022.
We would like applicants for the residency to consider it an opportunity to try out forms of practical or theoretical knowledge that may bring them out of their comfort zones, implying some sort of displacement.
- WHAT WE PROVIDE
The Bulegoa z/b residency will provide:
- A month stay at the Bulegoa z/b space.
- Fee of 1.000 €.
- 500 € (maximum) for travel expenses and accommodation. Otherwise Bulegoa z/b will provide lodging.
- 200 € (maximum) for production of the chosen activity plus costs derived from adapting the production to a public event format.
- Logistic and discursive support for the organisation of public activities within the Bulegoa z/b programme for 2022.
- Dissemination of the activities, support with presentation and mediation of the project in the local art context.
- Applications for the residency open on 25 April and close on 25 May 2022.
- The residency will take place for one month, within dates to be decided between 1 September and 3 December 2022.
- Bulegoa z/b’s decision will be made public on 30 June 2022.
- The public activities will be carried out during the period of the residency.
- APPLICATIONS MUST INCLUDE:
- Portfolio of the project to be carried out during the residency (PDF, 10 pages maximum).
- Short statement of motivation (PDF, 1 page maximum).
- Up to date CV.
- Contact information (email, telephone no.)
- All material should be sent via the online form (bulegoa.org).
- All material should be sent digitally, in a single PDF file (5Mb maximum) titled NAME_SURNAME_RESIDENCIA.PDF
- COMMISSION; CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
The jury of this year’s residency is composed by two guest professionals and the members of Bulegoa z/b, whose vote will count as one together.
The jury will base their decision on the following:
- Quality and coherence of the project presented.
- Coherence of the candidate’s trajectory in relation to the project.
- How the project fits in to Bulegoa z/b’s lines of research and programme.
- Adequacy and viability of the project in relation to the resources and space available at Bulegoa z/b.
- Public dimension of the project.
Applicants for the residency accept the following commitments:
- The residency and activities that follow from it are part of the Bulegoa z/b 2022 programme.
- Residing in the city of Bilbao for the duration of the residency period is a requirement.
- The residency includes two public activities, a presentation at the beginning of the residency and a production at the end of it. The format of both will be defined in conversation with Bulegoa z/b.
- Should the applicant decide not to accept the residency once offered, the withdrawal of the proposal must be notified sufficiently in advance.