OPEN CALL FOR RESIDENCY AT BULEGOA Z/B
The objective of this call is to facilitate the production of art and knowledge at different stages and levels at Bulegoa z/b. The residency, which is open to residents of the Basque Country and the rest of Spain, will last for a month and include space and discursive and financial resources.
Our office space can be described as an 85 square metre space, with four large windows which open up a dialogue with the space outside. The space is located in a pedestrian area of Solokoetxe, and has been used for concerts, talks, ephemeral exhibitions, and site-specific actions.
Bulegoa z/b is not only a physical space; it is also a context, or a place to set up encounters between different areas of thought and creation. It is a reference for artists and thinkers, who are familiar with the transversal approach we have used for the seven years of our existence and are interested in everything that happens here.
The peculiarity of our transversal approach is the fact that it intersects four different disciplines: curating, criticism, social theory and contemporary choreography.
In 2017, Bulegoa z/b seeks to consolidate something that has been happening naturally: giving over our space and time to those who solicit it.
With this 2017 open call for residency, we invite artists or researchers from any discipline who wish to use the physical space of the office or the resources we can make available for their work or research.
The residency will end with a public activity proposed by the resident, to be included in the Bulegoa z/b programme for 2017.
We would like applicants for the residency to consider it an opportunity to try out forms of practical or theoretical knowledge that may bring them out of their comfort zones, implying some sort of displacement.
- WHAT WE PROVIDE
The first Bulegoa z/b residency will provide:
- A month stay at the Bulegoa z/b space.
- Fee of 900€
- 200€ (maximum) for production of the chosen activity.
- Logistic and discursive support for the organisation of the activity within the Bulegoa z/b programme for 2017.
- Dissemination of the activity, support with presentation and mediation of the project in the local art context.
- Applications for the residency open on 25 May and close on 30 June 2017.
- The residency will take place for one month, within dates to be decided between 4 September and 17 December 2017.
- Bulegoa z/b’s decision will be made public on 17 July 2017.
- The public activity will be carried out during the period of the residency.
- APPLICATIONS MUST INCLUDE:
- Portfolio of the project to be carried out during the residency (PDF, 10 pages maximum).
- Short statement of motivation (PDF, 1 page maximum).
- Up to date CV.
- Contact information (email, telephone no.)
- All material should be sent via the online form (bulegoa.org).
- All material should be sent digitally, in a single PDF file (5Mb maximum) titled NAME_SURNAME_RESIDENCIA.PDF
- COMMISSION; CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
Projects will be evaluated by a mixed commission made up of professionals from the sector and the members of Bulegoa z/b. The jury of this year’s residency is composed by two guest professionals and the four members of Bulegoa z/b, whose vote will count as one together.
The jury will base their decision on the following:
- Quality and coherence of the project presented.
- Coherence of the candidate’s trajectory in relation to the project.
- How the project fits in to Bulegoa z/b’s lines of research and programme.
- Adequacy and viability of the project in relation to the resources and space available at Bulegoa z/b.
- Public dimension of the project.
Applicants for the residency accept the following commitments:
- The residency and activities that follow from it are part of the Bulegoa z/b 2017 programme.
- The residency includes a public presentation of the project in a format to be defined in conversation with Bulegoa z/b.
- Should the applicant decide not to accept the residency once offered, the withdrawal of the proposal must be notified sufficiently in advance.
Fill out the following form to send us your proposal: